What keeps your family safe? We mean, what happens once you lock the front door and turn out the lights? You rely on your front door to get a good night’s sleep. If you wonder why doors are important for your home’s and family’s security, consider these four benefits.
1. Strong Framework
An entry door is more than stiles and rails. It is an integrated system which literally hinges to your home, selectively allowing people in or keeping them out. Using entry doors made with tough, resilient fiberglass provides peace of mind and ease of maintenance.
- Fiberglass entry doors are a great answer to why doors are important for your security and comfort. They are built with a high-technology material which will not dent, rust, rot, bow, or warp.
- Fiberglass is formed into a rigid framework without worrying about wood grain or weakness.
- Fiberglass doors require no periodic scraping and painting.
With well-insulated, solid entry doors, your family’s privacy is protected in two ways:
- Visually, since the solid door prevents prying eyes
- Acoustically, since the thick foam insulation reduces sounds from transmitting into the neighborhood
A finely engineered fiberglass entry door is key to maintaining your family’s privacy, increasing your sense of calm and tranquility in a busy world.
3. Energy Efficiency
Fiberglass doors use a dense foam interior to prevent heat flow in or out of your home. This insulating core is designed to provide up to five times the R-value of a standard wooden entry door.
This energy efficiency helps with financial security, allowing you to save money while keeping your family warm in winter and cool in summer.
Consider that a front door, by its design, is a break in the insulation envelope which enrobes your home. You need to do everything possible to prevent heat loss in winter and cooling in summer:
A fiberglass entry door resists direct blows by a determined intruder, high winds from heavy storms, and potential impact from storm-blown debris. The door is reinforced to withstand kicks and strikes from people who have no business in your home.
The reinforcement also helps to keep wind-borne branches and storm-tossed ice from damaging your door.
Work with a reliable, local door contractor to protect your investment. Work with Millers. Contact us today to learn how a new entry door can transform your Albuquerque home, protect your family, and save you money.